Marijuana-Infused Caramel Corn Recipe
From our friends over at Village Voice Media and the Phoenix New Times comes another caramel treat: Marijuana-Infused Caramel Corn.
Unless you hate caramel — or you’re vegan — you are going to love this recipe for canna caramel corn!
I apologize to the vegans. I am not going to leave you out. In fact, I am going to try making vegan canna butter, and will let you now how it turns out. if any of you are vegan, please leave a comment and let me know any wonderful recipes or methods you might like to share.
I have wonderful childhood memories of caramel corn. My Badmamajama (aka mom) would make it and take it to the drive-in, or the regular theater, or when we watched movies at home — you get the drift. BMJ, we shall call her, was a mother during the height of microwave popularity.
OMG — can you imagine cooking entire meals, all in the microwave, including deserts?! I wonder how my little Easy Bake cake stood up to radioactive waves? Hell, I can’t remember if I even had an Easy Bake Oven…must be the memory loss from being in front of the microwave so much!
Ah, but I digress. Get the recipe after the jump.
- 1 brown paper bag (grocery bag size)
- Pan spray
- 1 bag of popped popcorn, or less than a cup of kernels popped by yourself
- 1 medium sized bowl
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) of unsalted butter/canna butter*
- 1 c brown sugar
- ¼ c light corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
Depending on how potent you want the caramel corn to be, you will want to adjust the ratio of canna butter to just butter. If you are new to this, perhaps start with the ratio of 1-2 tbsp of canna butter to 6-7 tbsp regular butter. If you are in a lot of pain or have a high tolerance, use anywhere from 4 tbsp up to 8 tbsp, excluding the regular butter.
- Cut ¼ from the top of the brown bag; spray heavily inside with pan spray.
- Cook popcorn per instructions (any uncooked kernels should be discarded).
- Dump popcorn in bag.
- Place brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl, and cook for 2 minutes, or until melted and caramel sauce like; stir in-between.
- Take out bowl and stir in baking soda.
- Pour caramel over the popcorn, fold down the bag, and shake until coated evenly.
- Place bag in microwave and cook for 1 additional minute.
You can enjoy it then, or for the next few days if kept in an airtight container. Or, you can save some of the caramel, pull out some ice cream, drizzle it on, throw a handful of caramel corn on top, and mmmmm, what a great sundae!
- Cannabis Caramels Recipe
- Cannabis Caramel Crunch Bars
- Baked Marijuana French Toast: French Toasted
- Cannabis Chocolate Recipe
- Cannabis Compost Oatmeal Cookies